Thursday, January 20, 2005

Praise vs Worship

T.D. Jakes states that when you praise God, you praise Him for what He did. But when worship God, you praise Him for just being God. I am guilty of mostly praising God instead of truly worshipping Him.

I try to spend time studying God's word everyday, but I know that I am not doing enough. I am in the process of getting my life closer to God by being a better mother and wife. I believe that we are to worship God not only in what we say but also in what we do. I can give lip service all day on how much I love God but what will that mean to God if I can't keep my home clean and my family taken care of in a Godly manner.

The first thing that I must do as a is to be a Godly wife. I must have the right heavenly relationship with my husband. When we get into an argument instead lashing out at my husband I need to try to be more understanding of his problems and to pray for him and with him. I need to pray for my husband's spiritual and physical health and other aspects of his well being. I am not saying that I am not to disagree or try to help him understand that he may be wrong in his thinking but I do not have to be mean in my dealings with my husband.

As a mom I know that there is nothing as contagious as a child's laughter. I feel that it is not an obligation but a cherished gift to get to raise my gifts from God. By cleaning my mind, my home, helping my husband and raising my children in Christ I am worshipping God in the best way I know. Hopefully one day I will be able to worship God through my career by shining His light through me.