Friday, January 14, 2005

Mood Diary

I have decided to publish my mood diary on the my blog. This decision will allow me to be able to help others learn more about bipolar disorder."Bipolar disorder, previously known as manic-depressive illness, affects millions of people each year. For those affected by bipolar disorder, life is an emotional roller coaster of intense highs and crippling lows."(www.bipolar.com) I personally was not diagnosed with bipolar until I was 23. All I remember was waking up strapped to a gurney and people telling me I was going to be OK. I was afraid of what was going on in my life at that time. within a week and a half of counseling and therapy I learned about bipolar disorder. I learned that the emotional issues that I had been going thorugh since I was around 13 wasn't just moodiness but a biochemical problem.

At this point in my life I am taking Symbyax to control my bipolar disorder. (www.symbyax.com) This medication is a combination of Zyprexa (www.zypreza.com) and Prozac (www.prozac.com). I am able to think clearly for the first time n years and it feels good. Thank you Eli Lilly.